Keystone Solar Behind the Scenes
See an award winning solar farm in Pennsylvania
Energy Workshop and Tour
Community Energy is a leader in renewable energy development. Their Keystone Solar Project, one of the largest solar farms in Pennsylvania, is a 6 megawatt project producing approximately 7.5 million kWh of electricity annually, the equivalent of powering 950 homes or avoiding 4,200 tons of carbon dioxide each year.
- Winner of the PV America 2013 Project of Distinction Award
- Industry Leading Agriculture Preservation Design
- Largest Customer-Driven Utility Scale Solar Project in PA
- Enabled by Voluntary SREC retail buyers
- Subject of Columbia Business School case study
As a Power & Foresight award recipient, Community Energy is highlighted for leading the renewable energy development of more than 1,000 MW of wind and solar generating facilities across the U.S. Community Energy has used a pioneering mix of utility off-take approaches, renewable energy marketing, new financing structures, development expertise, and public policy support to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy technologies at scale.
This event is being organized and sponsored by the West Penn Power Sustainable Energy Fund. The morning workshop and tour access to the solar facility will be provided by Community Energy, one of the most innovative and reliable developers of utility grade solar.
You Will Learn & See
The workshop will be held at The Keystone Solar Farm located in Quarryville, PA just south of Lancaster. Learn about Community Energy's solar development approach:
- An up-close, exclusive walk through the Keystone Solar farm
- The leadership role that Community Energy has played in the industry, and as a pioneer for Pennsylvania
- What did it take to build Keystone Solar at a time when no other utility-scale solar was being built in the state?
- Community Energy's proven market experience
- Key lessons learned
See the largest customer driven utility-scale solar project in Pennsylvania!
Date -September 17, 2015
Location - Keystone Solar Project
1067 Lancaster Pike (at Deaver Road)
Quarryville, Pennsylvania 17566
Light Refreshments: (10:00-10:30)
Interactive Presentation (10:30-11:15)
Working Lunch and Wrap-Up (12:00 - 12:30)