Board of Directors
The Board of Directors provides oversight to the Fund and approves all funding requests. Directors go through a formal nomination process and are approved by the PA Public Utility Commission. The WPPSEF Board is comprised of the following individuals:
- Alan Neuner, Geisinger Health System (Chairperson)
- John Walliser, Pennsylvania Environmental Council (Vice Chairperson)
- John Kline, S&T Bank (Treasurer)
- James Stark, Fayette County Community Action Agency (Secretary)
- Robert Hosken, Building Performance Architecture
- Michele Ponchione, Corelle Brands
- Edward Miller, FirstEnergy
The administrative staff is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Fund. The administrative staff includes:
Joel serves as the Fund Administrator. Joel is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Fund and provides technical oversight to the Fund. He has over 30 years experience in the energy sciences. Joel is located at Penn State’s University Park campus. Joel is assisted in his duties by Barbara Robuck (Marketing & Communications) and Elizabeth Wood (Database Design/Maintenance).
Jim serves as the President of the Economic Growth Connection (EGC) of Westmoreland and is responsible for the oversight of the Fund’s financial efforts. Jim has over 15 years experience in the economic development community. EGC is located in Greensburg, PA. Jim is assisted in his duties by Greg Daigle (Business Development Officer), and Michael Strong (Accounting).