Board of Directors
The Board of Directors provides oversight to the Fund and approves all funding requests. Directors go through a formal nomination process and are approved by the PA Public Utility Commission. The WPPSEF Board is comprised of the following individuals:
- Robert Hosken, Building Performance Architecture (President)
- Michele Ponchione, World Kitchen (Vice-President)
- James Stark, Fayette County Community Action Agency (Secretary)
- John Kline, S&T Bank (Treasurer)
- John Walliser, Pennsylvania Environmental Council
- Edward Miller, FirstEnergy
- Alan Neuner, Geisinger Health System
The administrative staff is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Fund. The administrative staff includes:
Joel serves as the Director of the Fund. Joel is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Fund and provides technical oversight to the Fund. He has over 30 years experience in the energy sciences. Joel is located at Penn State’s University Park campus. Joel is assisted in his duties by Barbara Robuck (Marketing & Outreach) and Elizabeth Wood (Web Design and Database Management).
Jim serves as the President of the Economic Growth Connection (EGC) of Westmoreland and is responsible for the oversight of the Fund’s financial efforts. Jim has over 15 years experience in the economic development community. EGC is located in Greensburg, PA. Jim is assisted in his duties by Greg Daigle (Finance Business Development Officer), and Michael Strong (Accounting).